Balmars’ 97 & 98 series alternators are designed for heavy-duty applications and are sturdy, large-frame units
Built specifically to meet the challenges of serving large, multi-battery power banks and inverters that demand high current, the Balmar 97 & 98 series offers performance comparable to a small industrial genset and are built to perform and last under even the most inhospitable of conditions.
Featuring extra-large casing, the Balmar 97 & 98 series alternators are brushless, in order to ensure that they will meet the needs of even the most challenging of applications, with superior cooling and heat protection as standard all across the range.
Balmars’ 97 & 98 series alternators require a minimum ½” dual-V pulley, and can be outfitted with serpentine pulleys too. The 97 & 98 series are designed for use with Balmars’ MaxCharge MC-614 and MC-624 multi-stage regulator.
Balmars’ 97 & 98 series at a glance:
- Designed for heavy-duty cycle applications.
- 12v and 24v models
- Large frame units.
- Maximum RPM of 7,000
- Unique brushless design for superior efficiency.
- Bi-directional cooling fan.
- Isolated ground termination.
- Use with Balmars’ MC-614 and MC-624 multi-stage regulators.
- SAE 8849, USCG Title 33, CE, and ISO J1171 compliant.
Please note – Balmars’ 97 and 98 series are only available in a J180 (4″) style mount