Producing electricity on passage is a major consideration for the cruising yachtsman. With on-board refrigeration, autopilot, radar and other electrical equipment, power consumption when underway can be 200 amp-hours per day or more. The Sail-Gen generates electricity as you sail and is easily capable of matching or exceeding the average yacht’s power requirements.
The Sail-Gen comprises a rigid welded aluminium frame with a carbon fibre driveshaft and cast alloy alternator housing and water impeller. The Sail-Gen is easy to install, compact in size, reliable and efficient in operation.
- The Sail-Gen generates approximately 230 amp-hours per day at 6 knots, rising to 500 amp-
hours at 8 knots
- Low drag design results in minimal loss of boat speed
- The Sail-Gen utilises Eclectic Energy’s proven ‘dive plane’ technology, which controls the
impeller operating depth and adjusts for the sea state
- The Sail-Gen features an active dive plane making deployment and recovery easier and safer
- Robust corrosion-resistant construction throughout, with no vulnerable gearbox or submerged
electrical parts as found in other water generators
- High-speed water impeller option for performance yachts & multi-hulls
- Flexible mount options are available
Country of Manufacture: UK [flag country="gb" size="24"]